I was awarded a grant by the Grant Agency of the Czech Republic to work on the role of species traits and optimal foraging for the structure of plant-pollinator networks! A major goal is to build better mechanistic understanding of plant-pollinator networks. I will use ideas from the field of foraging biology and combine development of predictive models of plant-pollinator networks with high-resolution field data. I am searchingg for students who will work on the project; two PhD positions are available; details: here.
- Distribution patterns and hints of an uphill shift in Bombus alpinus NEW PAPER
- Habitat use of a critically endangered butterfly, Hipparchia semele, thriving in a fly ash deposit NEW PAPER
- Climatic niche evolution is faster in sympatric than allopatric lineages of the butterfly genus Pyrgus NEW PAPER
- Two new grants starting in 2017
- New butterfly paper published!